To furnish the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and State Department of Transportations (DOTs), with enhanced communication and coordination through geospatial data sharing, leading to improved efficiencies and better management relating to the ADHS Cost to Complete Estimate Program.
- To cultivate a dependable and integrated ADHS GIS package in order to augment efficiencies and heighten coordination in preparing an updated ADHS Cost to Complete estimate.
- To actualize a useful tool for reinforcing the operation and management of the ADHS program.
- To create a GIS program that will support integration data with other social economic databases to facilitate economic planning and assessment to advocate regional development in Appalachian.
To evolve a web-base Enterprise Geographic Information System that will provide a tool to allow states to update the ADHS Cost to Complete Estimate.
- Establish an accurate GIS base map based on 2002 ADHS Cost to Complete
- Create customized function and tools designed to prove a user-friendly interface
- Design new system architecture to facilitate a regional-wide GIS
- Develop a centralize database to facilitate more dynamic and secure multi-user environment.
- Provide system education and technical support for system operation